WordPress and WooCommerce are an excellent combination to build an eCommerce store. The platform is highly customizable and new functionality can easily be added through plugins. WooCommerce comes with very limited payment gateways by default. If you are looking to grow your business, you will need to offer multiple payment methods to your customers. As the default payment methods are limited you need to look at plugins to add new payment gateways.
To make your life easier we have put together this stellar guide on the best WooCommerce payment gateway plugins. Without further ado, let’s get started.
There are many plugins available for Stripe integration with WooCommerce. However, one of the best ones is the WooCommerce Stripe Payment Gateway. Other than the obvious stripe payment gateway integration, the plugin also allows you to accept Apple Pay, Google Pay, Microsoft Pay, Ali Pay, Ideal, Sofort, and much more.
- Easy to setup
- Available in several countries including the US, Europe, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan, Canada, and many others.
- No setup and monthly fees. Only a percentage of your sales is charged as commission.
- Supports web API payments
- Trusted by users worldwide
- Regular payouts
- Supports bitcoin payments
- Supports subscriptions and reusing of cards
Download : WooCommerce Stripe Payment Gateway
Mollie Payments for WooCommerce is another popular payment gateway. It supports multiple payment methods including major credit and debit cards, Cartes Bancaires (France), CartaSi (Italy), V Pay (International), Maestro (International), PayPal, Paysafe, and Many More. In addition, it supports Local European payment methods such as iDeal, Giropay, Sofort, and Pay after delivery methods such as Klarna Pay later and Klarna Slice it.
- One of the few plugins to support pay after delivery methods
- Support for all available Mollie payment methods
- Fair and transparent pricing, with no monthly fees, signup fees or hidden fees
- Compatible with WooCommerce subscriptions
- Allows editing of order title and descriptions
- Dedicated dashboard for keeping track of payments
- Allows for partial or full refunds
Download : Mollie Payments for WooCommerce
PayPal is the most popular payment method and payment gateway. It is used almost all over the world. Both merchants and consumers love it for the security and convenience. There are several plugins for PayPal integration with WooCommerce. PayPal standard comes built-in with WooCommerce. However, it lacks in several features. Hence the need to look for alternate PayPal plugins.
WooCommerce PayPal Checkout Payment Gateway is a plugin developed in-house by WooCommerce. With PayPal standard, your customers get redirected to the PayPal website to make payment. This can be detrimental to the user experience. However, when using the WooCommerce PayPal Checkout Payment Gateway, get an in-context checkout. This uses a modal-popup on the checkout page and allows the customers to pay without leaving your website.
- In-context checkout
- Easily integrate PayPal to your website
- Simple to use
Download : WooCommerce PayPal Express Checkout
PayPal plus for WooCommerce
As PayPal is probably the most popular payment gateway, that is why we are covering 2 plugins in our list of top 10. This plugin allows you to accept 4 payment methods including PayPal, Direct debit, Credit card, pay upon invoice.
- Supports express checkout for faster payments from the cart page or the product page
- Built-in PayPal vendor protection to protect against chargebacks
- Instant payout to your PayPal account
- Responsive checkout works on mobile and tablets as well
Download : PayPal plus for WooCommerce/
This plugin integrates the Square payment gateway to your website. It allows syncing with the square POS as well. It’s a simple to use and excellent solution for anyone looking to integrate the square payment gateway on their website.
- Support payments for pre-orders
- Supports WooCommerce subscriptions
- Allows customers to save payment methods at checkout for using later
- PCI compliant payment processing
Download : WooCommerce Square
This plugin allows you to add popular payment methods to your website. As it’s developed by PayPal it supports any PayPal related transactions. It also allows you to accept major credit cards, debit cards, Apple Pay, G-Pay, Venmo, PayPal credit, local payments, and many more.
- Accept a variety of payment methods on your store
- Allows refunds and voiding of transactions
- Support for custom fees
- Support for WooCommerce subscriptions
- Supports WooCommerce currency switchers
Download : Braintree for WooCommerce/
WP Simple Pay
As the name suggests, the plugin focuses on making the checkout process simple. This will often translate to better conversions for your store. The plugin allows you to connect stripe payments with your website.
- Create custom checkout forms with Stripe Checkout
- Brand your custom checkout forms
- Create custom payment success and failure pages
- No charges for using the plugin, only stripe per-transaction fees
Download : WP Simple Pay
Bitcoin Payment Gateway
Cryptocurrencies are ever-growing in popularity. GoUrl Bitcoin Payment Gateway & Paid Downloads & Membership is a plugin that allows you to accept a range of cryptocurrencies on your website. It supports Bitcoin and other popular Altcoins.
- Accept a wide range of cryptocurrencies on your website
- Easily convert earnings to fiat instantly
- Supports white labeling and custom branding
- No chargebacks, zero risk
- Supports products, downloads, pay per view and memberships
Download : Bitcoin payment Gateway
Paystack stands out from the crowd by branding itself as a secure and convenient payment gateway. Another stand out feature is the support for Verve cards. Most payment gateways will support, Visa, Mastercard, Diners Club, and American Express. Very few payment gateways support Verve cards, Paystack is one of them. Verve cards are common in West African countries such as Ghana and Nigeria. They are also commonly used in Uganda and Kenya. If you are targeting the African market, this may be a good solution for you.
- Support payments for Mastercard, Visa, Verve, bank accounts, GTB 737 & Visa QR
- Supports refunds from the WooCommerce order page
- Allows you to accept payments directly on your site without any redirects to separate payment pages
- Supports recurring payment using WooCommerce Subscriptions plugin
Download : Paystack
Concluding our list of payment gateways is Fondy. It is currently only available in Europe, but it is expanding gradually. The payment gateway allows you to easily accept credit cards and over 100+ currencies.
- 100+ currencies accepted
- Wide range of payment methods accepted, including credit/debit cards, internet banking, and local payments
- Supports subscription or reoccurring payments
- Fair pricing and regular payouts
- The plugin allows you to customize the payment page so it can be consistent with your branding strategy
- Secure and reliable – three levels of anti-fraud protection, SSL/TLS encryption, 3D Secure technology
Download : Fondy
That’s it for our list of 10 best payment gateways for WooCommerce. If you haven’t noticed yet, all the plugins in our list are available for free! Have you used any of them on your website? Let us know how your experience was in the comments section below.